Hi all,

The David Parsons' Theorbo/Chitaronne is not listed in my old EMS catalogue.
- Or any of his lutes for that matter.  I would not hazzard a guess as to
the type or quality of the soundboards he uses.

Apparently EMS also deal in second-hand lutes.  So it may be possible to
pick up a luthier-made used instrument from them at a reasonable price.

As I live in the centre of England, I am at least 80 miles - north or south,
from either of their two branches.  Which I suppose is still very close for
most folk on this list!

Best Wishes

Ron (UK)

Rob Dorsey wrote---

Interesting. The theorbo and lute kit, does anyone have any idea what the
soundboard is made of. It looks like some sort of cedar, very wide grain
with tons of runout.