In einer eMail vom 11.10.2006 04:48:49 Westeurop=E4ische Normalzeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Andrew Lawrence-King has been sticking his double-harp everywhere he could,
>
> including Biber.
> Go bark up that tree.
> RT

I am not an expert on historical harps and maybe a double-harp is not the
historically correct instrument.

But I must say that ALK has a feeling for ensemble playing that is totally
lacking on the Dowland CD. This is probably caused mostly due to the recording
method, which from videos seems to have been a typical rock set-up with them
seperated acoustically. The TV performances are much better, probably due to
this.

In the end, I as it seems most of the listeners who do not have a personal
connection to the project or are sting fans, find the CD interesting before
they
hear it, but in the end musically unsatisfying.

In a couple of months the media will have forgotten about it and in the end
as I have said I don't think this CD will bring the big lute boom (sadly). But
maybe that is good because if it means we have to return to the sort of 19th
century view of music history that Sting favours.

I personally think that the basis of any approach that claims, as sting does
to be "closer than how anybody else to how the music would have sounded" need
to be based on more serious research. If I was so interested in how the music
sounded then maybe a single strung strung lute, vocal compression, digital
reverb and such close miking are not the answer. In the end I would never say
that my approach is closer than what anybody else has done.

My view is that the claims Sting makes for his CD are false and misleading
especially to an audience new to this repertoire.

best wishes
Mark