At 01:36 PM 10/11/2006, David Rastall wrote:
>On Oct 11, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Caroline Usher wrote:
>
>>...to me, the difference in timbre is more important than the difference in
>>volume.

[snip]

>I agree with Caroline completely.

We thank you for your kind and loyal support, much valued in these troublous
times.  As a mark of Our gracious favour, We grant you sole and exclusive
Privilege for the printing of lute tablature from movable type within our
realm.  Let no one infringe upon this right, upon peril of peine forte (NOT
douce) et dure (NOT moll.)
HIH
        CAROLINE

Caroline Usher
Dowager Empress, Lute Society of America
Please refer all queries to the current President, Dick Hoban [EMAIL PROTECTED]