There is an article by Diana Poulton regarding this question.

Her conclusion was that Dowland was NOT a professional singer.

Best wishes,

Rainer aus dem Spring
IS department, development

Tel.:   +49 211-5296-355
Fax.:   +49 211-5296-405
SMTP:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the
sender immediately.

You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose outside of any
NDA currently existing between Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH and yourselves.