Many thanks to all who responded and there were some good ideas.
Unfortunately the consensus was that the Warwick Frei body was too long for
a renaissance lute in g. The almost universal suggestion was to build it on
a smaller Frei body. I'm basically a baroque lute maker and I have to have
my arm bent to accept a commission for a renaissance instrument therefore I
don't see building a mold (I take a lot of pains in my molds) for one
instrument. In answer to the query, it will have 8 frets on the neck and 4
on the soundboard. It is a very simple instrument, so done to accommodate
the budget of the client, and has no frills, no half binding or veneers
including the neck (I keep some lovely colored mahogany around for such
necks) and the body is of lightly figured maple. I'm barring and thinning it
for g at 65cm so we'll see. It's at 440 as well. It'll be a nice instrument
if a bit short necked for my taste. I like big, honkin' baroque
Deiffopruchars with 74cm on the  board and 80 on the extension.

Thanks again, you all confirmed my conclusions but the customer is usually
if not always right.

Best,
Rob Dorsey
http://RobDorsey <http://robdorsey.com/>