Are Vidar Boye Hansen écrit:
>  It worked fine, but I have never seeen
>any evidence that all kinds of different continuo instruments were used in
>baroque church music. If would love to know what your sources are!

Title pages of sacred music often refer to this possibility. On example
among many others.

Alessandro Grandi, IL PRIMO LIBRO / DE MOTETTI / A Due, Tre, Quattro,
Cinque, & Otto Voci, con vna / Messa à Quattro Voci / Accommodati per
cantarsi nell’Organo, Clauicembalo, / Chitarrone, ò altro simile Stromento.
(1610)

Dennis