Von: LGS-Europe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. November 2006 10:14
An: Thomas Schall; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Terzi duets - help needed

Dear Thomas

>  Barieraballetto con tutte le sue repliche.

Terzi in his second book gives just one part, but the ground can be
played
by a second lute. If you're clever in dividing the divisions you end up
with
a nice duet. It sounds like Beier and friend did just that.

> Chi fara fede

Terzi's Second book has only one part. It says '... per suonar in
Concerto
con Liutto grande'.  I choose to read that meaning to play on a _big_
lute
as a solo piece, because it is a complete piece for me. But it might
well
mean a second lute part is missing, as with Terzi 'in concerto' usually
seems to indicate an ensemble piece. In that case you should add an
intavolation of the madrigal, Terzi supplies none. Beier and friend
however
added a second part of equal content, as Terzi did in the Alermifault or
in
the two canzones by Corregio. Well done! Did they use another source of
Terzi's music? In book one there's a series of 'undeci canzoni del
Mascara
per suonar in concerto, & solo'. The suggestion is you can play these as

ensemble pieces, or as solo pieces. But only one part is given. It might
be
interesting to find second parts of these pieces too.

For a complete recording of all Terzi's published duets, you should
listen
to our recently released cd, of course. ;-)
Now also on CDBaby:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/michielniessen
(Horrible MP3 quality btw.
Better go to the site of the label: