In einer eMail vom 02.12.2006 14:23:50 Westeurop=E4ische Normalzeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Andreas and Mark,
>

>   I was just thinking on this.  Is there any music
> that is clearly written specifically for this type of
> 12 (not 11 or 13) course lute?
>
> Chris

Yes there is a lot of music, especially in the flat tuning.

It may also be what song books describe as Theorbo-lute.
There is little evidence that what we call an archlute was very known in
England for instance during the complete 17th century.
Archlutes for Purcell is probably more of a modern convention.
best wishes
Mark