Dear Robert,

One way to gather up a discography would be to use the
World Catalogue.

http://worldcat.org/searchbox/searchbox.jsp?ai=Arthur_Arthur_Ness

If you put in "lute," you'll get 10,000 hits.  But in
the left margin are some limiters.  Click on "Sound
Recordings" and all the inappropriate entries will be
removed.  I think you'll get about 4,000 hits, which
will include solo CDs, and earlier musics.  You can
further limit the items by composer aor performer.

When you click on an item, a number of tabs will appear.
Click on "Details" to get a listing of pieces on the CD.
If you want additional information, click on the
"Library" tab and click on one of the libraries to see
their
on-line entry, which will usually be more detailed
than the WorldCat entry.

Another method of entry would be to enter "trios lute"
(without the quotes), then "quartets lute,"  "suites
lute"  "duets flute lute"

By the way, I could not find the Kowalska-Birula CDs
that Matthias mentioned.  (It's not even in the Polish
National Library.) If you sell your own CDs, it would be
wise to give a few copies to academic libraries so that
they get into databases like the World Catalogue (aka
OCLC).