MS collection compiled by Galilei intitled:

  'Libro d'intavolatura di liuto,................'  dated 1584 on the flyleaf.

  Location: Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze: Fondo Anteriori a Galileo
6.

  Modern facsimile edition published with forward (in Italian and English) by
Orlando
  Cristoforetti.

  Also you may care to look at Santino Garsi's work - very polular at the time
but strangely (too easy? - not showy?) rather neglected nowadays.  A facsimile
collection of his entire known solo lute works has been published by, I think,
Tree Editions.

  M.
Howard Posner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Does anyone know where I can find three or four of Vincenzo Galilei's
simpler, more tuneful pieces, a la Polimnia, in some easy-to-access
(perhaps digital downloadable emailable) form. I agreed to play some
of these and was surprised at how hard they were to find on short
notice. I already have a facsimile of Fronimo (the book, not the
program).

Thanks in advance

Howard

 Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy
and free. Do it now...