Dear Mark

> synchronization does seem to be a big problem with your videos, also
> with Roman's. Are you sure that the problem lies with YouTube?
> I think it probably is a problem with the webcam.
> But you should be able to put them back into sync with a video
> editing programme.

I did just as you, recorded those pieces with a small digital camera
that has a video funtion, and my original (quite big) AVI-files do not
have any problem with synchronization, as you can see in
  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/own/Sarmatica/index.html

So I guess the problem must be somehow in the conversion programs
YouTube uses?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1877165553

That is nice and fun! :)

All the best,