Do you think that is the only explanation/interpretation? That final
transition really sounds very un-Weiss like. Is the Crawford edition
explanation that the chordal runs on the last line should be inserted
just before the cadence definitive? Perhaps the scribe was messing
around with ways to arpeggiate other chords? Are there other examples
of this placeholder annotation in other Weiss facsimilies?

Thanks

DS