Dear List,

I have been trying to make sense of Fuenllana's "Tan que viuray" (Lib. V,
F 118 R) without much success.

Here are some of my questions:

1. If this French or Spanish.  It looks hybrid.

2. Is the symbol that looks like a Greek eta (or an n with and extended
right leg) a sign that indicates that the lyrics are to be repeated?

3. If so, how do I know from where?

4. Sometimes the words are close to the notes to which they seem to
belong, but sometimes they don't seem to fit.

5. The last "eta" appears to have two dots above it.  Is that manuscript
noise or does that mean repeat twice, i.e. sing thrice?  (Do I remember
correctly that "repeat n times" in the USA is the same as "repeat n+1
times" in GB?)

6. Does anyone know of a recording with this piece?

Thanks,
Peter.

the next auto-quote is:
I'm still an atheist, thank God.
(Luis Bunuel)
/\/\
Peter Nightingale                  Telephone (401) 874-5882
Department of Physics, East Hall   Fax (401) 874-2380
University of Rhode Island         Kingston, RI 02881