Mathias,

I confess that I read Stewart's original message very quickly and without my
glasses. Thus, I misread "resonantior" as "resonatur," in which case "forma
. . . apta" would make sense as an ablative absolute, and focused primarily
on the omission of "utravis" in his translation. Now that I am wearing my
glasses, I can clearly see that "resonantior" is the comparative of the
present participle and that both elements of the sentence lack a copula,
which makes it clear that "forma" is nominative and not ablative absolute.
In any event, it is nice to have another Latinist on the list, especially
one who has also read Thomas' "De ente et essentia" in the original!

Best regards,

Stephen