Dear collective lute wisdom,
I'm wondering if some of you with smallish renaissance g-lutes (57-60 cm
stringlength) would be willing to take a measurement for me.  Could you please
measure the length of the center rib on your lute from the bottom of the
soundboard, around the curve of the bowl, to the neck block (using a tape
measure)?  Cm or inches would be fine.  I've got some really nice looking
maple, but I'm not sure if it would be long enough to build a lute.  And if you
know upon which historical model your lute is based, I'd appreciate that info
also.  Thanks in advance.
Kevin