Do any of you have personal experience with either of these books?

    "Lute Making" - Joan E. Bachorik, 1974

    "Lutes, Viols and Temperaments" - Mark Lindley, 1984

They have been difficult to find, and once found they are rather steeply
priced (the Bachorik book works out to about $5US/page, the Lindley book can
be around half that).

I've been reading "Geometry, Proportion, and the Art of Lutherie" and it
sounds like Lindley's book may be a useful companion to that book, both in
the main text and in the appendix "Lute design and the art of proportion" by
Gerard C Sohne.  Can anyone comment on the relevance of this book?  It's 23
years old, so I don't know if it (particularly the appendix) takes into
account the current trend back towards historical authenticity... but then
again, its subject matter is hundreds of years old, so perhaps it would be a
useful addition to the library.  If any of you have read the book and would
share your opinion of it, I would be grateful.

I can't even find any reviews of the Bachorik book.  It would be useful to
know if the method in the book is historical, or if the book is more like
Cooper's "Lute Construction".  Would it be a useful addition to a lutherie
library?  My copy of Cooper is from a limited run of 250, so I know why it
was hard to come by.  Is Bachorik's book also a limited run, or is it rare
because all of you luthiers have a copy tucked away somewhere, or are there
other reasons for its scarcity?

Thanks,

    Michael