The tuning of the tiorba for M's music was discussed at length some time ago
- you'll find it in the archives.  Despite some wishful thinking, there's no
historical evidence for octave stringing on the 2nd and, if we use a proper
size instrument (ie not an implausible 'toy'  theorbo),  against the laws of
physics.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear lutenists,

what might be the current opinion of the pieces "Per la Tiorba" in the
Libro Quinto of P.P. Melli? Just played them through by theorbo and by
archlute:
Both are problematic, but I think archlute has less problems!

Any recent research?

All the best,

Arto

your freeaccount today.