Several previous messages from synthetics users mention the advantage
of using carbon strings on the 4th and 5th course to avoid wire-
wounds. Nobody, in that discussion (i can recall) mentioned Savarez
KF. Some answers contrasted carbon and nylgut, others carbon and gut.
However, I notice that Jacob Heringman, who uses gut for recording,
says,"For touring and performing, as opposed to recording, I use
nylgut in the treble and mid-range, down to the fifth course (though
I'm experimenting with Savarez KF strings for the fifth course at the
moment), and the above-mentioned gut basses, with nylgut octaves."
http://www9.plala.or.jp/edurbrow/Heringman.html

The KF might be an alternative then to carbon for the 5th also for
synthetic users (Savarez, in fact, claim the KF are closer in sound
and texture to gut), perhaps they have properties in between carbon
and nylgut, hopefully, being less slippery than carbon?

I have heard people calling them carbon strings, but I think they may
be a fluor based product.
I have never, tried them myself, but they might be a serious but more
expensive alternative for the fifth course for someone using
synthetics, who did not want to use wire-wounds, and who does not
like carbon fishing line.
Personally, I have been comparing Aquila Venice and Gamut Lyons on my
5th course, of which more, perhaps, later. Choices for 4th and 5th
strings do seem to be critical for gut users too.
Anthony