Dear all,

there is a nice version of Dowland's Suzanna/Lisle's/Bucton's Galliard in an
anthology of 5-
part instrumental dances by Füllsack und Hildebrandt, Hamburg 1607. See:
http://www.icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Fullsack.php
Ward (A Dowland miscellany) doesn't mention the setting, and Poulton neither
(at least in the
CLM). Does anybody know whether the setting is regarded as being authentic
Dowland? It's
a beautiful piece of work, but different from the other settings and with some
unusual
florishes that we don't find in LoST. And is anyone aware of studies of D's
instrumental music
in general? I think I read one by Holmann some years ago, are there any others?

Thanks and regards,

Stephan