Dear Caroline,
If you mean historical sources, you need
Morley's 'Plaine and Easie Introduction to
Practical Music,' or John Dowland's English
translation of the 'Micrologous' of Andreas
Ornithoparchus. The latter is (or was) available
in facsimile, I think from Dover editions, and the
former is available in a modern edition. Sorry I
don't have more details to hand at the moment.
Both are essential reading for Renaissance music
theory.

Best wishes,

Denys