Alfonso, you seem to have jumped the fence and joined the Rob McKillop
Subjectivity in Continuo Club.
On Sunday, Jul 29, 2007, at 09:27 America/Los_Angeles, Alfonso Marin
wrote:

> Can you imagine a continuo realization of for ex. "Amarilli mia
> bella" with parallels all over the place? I personally can't.

Here's Rule 9 from Ludovico Viadana's Cento Concerti Ecclesiastici
(1602) sometimes cited as the first publication to use basso continuo
(as opposed to the basso seguente parts that Alfonso was describing):

"The partitura [i.e. organ part] is never under any obligation to avoid
two fifths or octaves, but those parts which are sung by the voices
are."

Sorry, I can't find the original Italian.  The translation is  from
F.T. Arnold's "the Art of Accompaniment from a Thorough-Bass."