On Aug 25, 2007, at 5:15 AM, alexandros tzimeros wrote:

> You forgot to mention twelve more, to discuss about historical
> light bulb
> changing, and the possibility to find iconographical evidence.

Yes!  Absolutely the iconographical evidence cannot be ignored,
considering the vast number of daguerrotypes and other photographic
images dating from the dawn of the lightbulb, giving us a clear
picture of what the world looked like in those days.  We know that
the world of the early lightbulb was visually a world of monochrome.
This is undoubtedly due to the quality of light emitted by historical
lightbulbs.  It's difficult, in the world of our own modern
lightbulbs, to be able to imagine the world of the early bulb.  But
to "think sepia," and not full-color, is the clear message we get
from studying the iconography surrounding HIP lightbulb-changing.

David Rastall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]