Dear David

On what type of lute will you play the Betrachte? I have a tab somewhere for
archlute, but with some scordatura in the bass, beware. Better play from the
score, it's easier that way. A bit weird to do this aria without the viola
d'amore, though, they make all the beautiful dissonances.

You might put it Schlummert ein in a transposition, it goes well with just
lute, and has some substance: recit and lengthy aria. Beautiful piece. Bist
du bei mir, obviously mandatory repertoire and your audience will love it.
There's a solo bass cantate with obligato cembalo you can play: Amore
traditore BWV 203. I did, it works on lute. I like to play Wachet auf, but
I've only done that with a tenor and I don't know how that would work out
transposed for bass singer. Should be ok, I guess, fourth down. Makes a
great concert
piece too.

Let me know if you're in need of scores, I can email you at least some in
transpositions for bass.

Bach aria's with just lute, no bowed bass, are not easy. It's hard work.

David

David van Ooijen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.davidvanooijen.nl