Dear all

Some time ago there was some conversation about stringing - especially the
problem of gut diapasons - there were some suggestions about using low
tension stringing. I am expecting a new 11 course lute within the next couple
of months and am considering how to string it and would be interested in
people's thoughts on/experience of tensions for all-gut stringing. Obviously
the chanterelle will be towwards 4kg - I think anything less than c.0.44mm is
unrealistic - how low can one go from there??

Best wishes

Chris Pearcy