On Oct 15, 2007, at 7:21 PM, Anthony Hind wrote:

> If as you say Ed, the Vsam needs to be used with output signal to
> work really well, that's not so good for the concert situation either.

I didn't mean to say that it HAS to use the sound output. I meant to
say that I prefer it for the high notes. Because all plucked lute
notes go from sharp to flat, my ear tells me where in that envelope
of changing pitch it blends best with the sounding pitch.
I also have a suction cup pickup and a clip on pickup but I never use
either. Too much trouble to take them out of the drawer. Might be
useful in a noisy situation though. I'd like to compare the Korg and
Vsam head to head. Anyway, I'm sure either will cut the time a
lutenist spends tuning down to a mere 40 years instead of the
proverbial 60 out of 80 or whatever it is.

Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www9.plala.or.jp/edurbrow/