There are two new editions of the Cancionero de Uppsala:
1. Ed Maricarmen Gomez Muntane: El Cancionero de Uppsala. Edited by
Maricarmen Gomez Muntane. 2 vols. Valencia: Biblioteca Valenciana,
Generalitat Valenciana (Conselleria de Cultura i Educacio - Direccio
General del Llibre, Arxius i Biblioteques), 2003.
2. Ed Eduardo Sohns: Villancicos de diversos Autores. Ed. Eduardo
Sohns. 3 vols. Buenos Aires: Eduardo Sohns Libros de Musica, 2002.
(http://www.sohns-musica.com.ar/)

In the Gomez edition, vol. 1 is a facsimile. The Sohns is cheap,
excellent and practical.

John Griffiths

> Hello All,
>
> I'm really getting into Spanish lute songs and was wondering if anyone
> out there can help me track down some scores.
>
> I'm wondering whether there an edition of songs from the Cancionero de
> Uppsala easily available?  And are the songs scored with lute tab and
> voice, or is is tab with coloured tab numbers for the vocal line,
> or is
> it written out parts?  All these questions - my ignorance
> astonishes me!
>
> I've got the CD-ROM of the vihuelista publications, so the songs from
> there are within reach.  But if anyone's got any favourites which I
> might have overlooked, recommendations are welcome, especially if you
> have taken the time to make performing editions of the songs which are
> purely in tablature...
>
> Can someone educate me?
>
> Peter
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless
> specifically stated.

> --
> 2007-10-28 13:58

Professor John Griffiths
Faculty of Music =95 The University of Melbourne 3010 =95 Victoria =95
Australia
tel (61+3) 8344 8810 =95 fax (61+3) 8344 5346 =95 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This e-mail and any attachments may contain personal information or
information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of
copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is
prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any
attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any
attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this e-
mail is received in error please delete it and notify us by return e-
mail.