>> Well, I've finally joined the realm of the giraffe wranglers. Behold

>> my new Archlute, courtesy of Andrew Rutherford:

You obviously enjoyed it, and so did I. That is a nice one. I have been
surprised to see, that you hold the lute on a strap and with your right
arm. It look like you're comfortable with that bearing.

I tried that position, but I found that it caused too much tension on my
right arm because of the neck entension of the lute to my left. So, I
have it standing on my right leg, but with a strap running over my back
to the left shoulder so as to have the lute fixed.

Another thing, isn't it funny that Zamboni didn't leave the execution of
long appogiature to players? He wrote them out, like daddy Bach did with
ornaments, to make sure they're executed exactly the way he had in
mind.
--
All the best,

Mathias