Since I recognized the sender on the email AJN forwarded as one of my bosses
here at the Sibley Library, I asked him what the possibility is of getting
the Lord Danby lute book digitized. He said that there is a request form on
the library's page to request any PD materials to be added to the site (
http://www.esm.rochester.edu/sibley/?page=request ). It is intentionally
well hidden so that they don't get inundated with requests.
I just put in a request for the Danby book and hopefully it will be
processed within a few weeks and probably digitized within a few months, so
long as the manuscript is in good enough condition to be scanned. I presume
that it is since it has already been scanned for microfilm (also available
from Sibley:
http://sibley.lib.rochester.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=+M2.1+.D172&Search_Code=CALL&PID=sfCu5id2HVBNCcKIdfZAOBDdQqq9&SEQ
 071115153731&CNT=75&HIST=1
(sorry for the long link)