On Sunday 02 December 2007 18:33, Daniel Winheld rattled on the keyboard:
> One thing I haven't seen anyone address re the swanneck- fingered
> accidentals on courses 9 - 11. How are you folks dealing with these
> situations? Up an octave, or eliminate those pieces from your
> repertoire?  Dan
I have a swanneck strung with gut (see website of stephen barber and sandi
harris  http://www.lutesandguitars.co.uk/ ) and yes, especially Weiss has in
(fortunately) very few pieces a fingered accendental on low courses. In most
cases it can be solved by transposing. If you listen carefully how robert
barto solves these weiss passages on his jauck, you will note that he also
transposes these notes.
Taco