I think there is a danger of inventing a nonexistent genre. Perhaps
in this case there really is a Roman Archlute, but lutes often pop up
in sub-genre fads, then some makes the "first recording", and so on.

If there was one common pitch and one type of archlute in Rome, that
would be interesting, but in general the historical record seems to
favor variety.
I still want my Tielke Angelique though, whatever pitch is OK.

dt