----- Original Message ----- From: "LGS-Europe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:19 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Swanneck + loaded strings

Perhaps OT on the lute-list either way, but I mentioned Sor and Giuliani,
not baroque guitar music. Neither did I write one cannot play one kind of
music with or without nails, just that you may notice the differences.

Well it's simply because of your pre-conditioned approach to their music.
You know (or you believe you know) that Sor wasn't using nails (i.e. because
he or somebody else wrote about this or whatever).

Did Piccinini, Castaldi, Robert de Visee, Weiss etc etc use nails or no
nails? Can you spot that through their music? I very much doubt you can.

Alexander