> Yet another question for the Collective Wisdom:  I've been trying to
> find out something about "Comte Bergen" who has a few pieces listed
> in Vienna MS 1078.  Does anyone know anything about who he was?

I wonder if there might be some information about him in Per Ketil
Farstad's thesis.

One of the first pieces I played when I picked up the classical guitar
was a bouree in C-major by count Bergen. This was one of the pieces that
pointed me to the lute and it is still favourite of mine. I have never
played it or heard it played on the lu, though...

Are