On Sat, Jan 12, 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

This extends my posting yesterday, I was typing against a time deadline
and failed to mention all.

More reading -

Michael Lowe, "The Historical Development of the Lute in the 17th
Century", GSJ 1976.

Ian Harwood develops a 6c instruments design from surmised principles of
proportion which he discusses in the Charles Ford book chapter.  Lowe and
Hellwig present overviews, Hellwig adds useful illustrations.  I suspect
you will develop some insight when you have done some drawings and made
measurements/tracings of the instrument you have.

Bon Chance
--
Dana Emery