[EMAIL PROTECTED] écrit:
Banchieri in his "Conclusioni nel suono dell'organo" (Bologna 1609), p. 59, gives a G tuning for the chitarrone, with the
reentrant tuning for the first string only.
From my homepage (under 'docs & tab') you can download a pdf copy of my dissertation about the chitarrone and the continuo in Italy.
At p. 64 you can find the facsimile from Banchieri.
Unfortunately my work it's in Italian only. It was written 12 years ago and I'm now working again on it, for a printed version.
What you read is just a draft copy.

Thanks for sharing this, Diego. Looks very interesting. And let us know when the printed version comes out.

Dennis