Dear All: I am pleased to announce that I will be hosting another lute weekend in Cleveland. It will be held on April 5 and 6 and will feature Richard Stone, leading continuo player, conductor and baroque lutenist. The focus will be Baroque Lute, Theorbo and Archlute.

Tentative topics:

1) Musical Analysis of Weiss- how his continuo playing influenced the structure of his solo works

2) Introduction to continuo playing

3) The lute in ensemble (concertos, trios, continuo support)

There will be a 30 minute private lesson included as well as masterclasses and a Saturday night concert by Richard on Baroque Lute (Weiss) and Theorbo (de Visee).

More details will follow. Please let me know if you plan to attend and whether you are interested in Baroque Lute, Continuo (archlute, theorbo, dminor tuning) or a combination of both. The interests of the participants will determine the balance of the material taught.

Pictures from our last Lute Weekend with Ronn McFarlane: http:// web.mac.com/dshoskes/Site/Lute_Weekend_2007.html

Danny