OK, I'll join in after all. I already send my stringing off-list to Ed, but as people seem to be just as shy, or confused about it as I am, here goes nothing:

I have a 68cm Sellas model made by Stephen Barber. It's in 440, 415 or whatever needed.

This is what's on it (all plain gut), tensions calculated for 440.
1. e' 0.40mm 48N
2. b 0.62mm 44N
3. g 0.74mm 38N
4. d 0.96mm 38N
4. d' 0.48mm 36N
5. a 0.64mm 38N
when needed:
5. A 1.28mm 38N
5. a 0.62mm 36N

Those are pretty high tensions, actually. Don't know why, that's how it is for me. But I use it mainly for continuo, and the occasional Sanz and Da Murcia solo. Although I do play it when, De Visée is very hard on this guitar, both model and string tension might have something to do with that. I think I ended up with these tensions as they are somewhere in between what I do on a lute and what I do on a 19th century guitar. Nothing more profound than that, I'm sorry to say.

David

David van Ooijen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.davidvanooijen.nl