I really think one needs more substantial evidence.  Composers
always have had days when the muse decides to sleep in, yet work
must go forward. Well-wrought, or not. Surely examples in
Beethoven are the Battle Symphony, or as he himself admitted the Amenda string quartet.
And what about the minuets Mozart wrote for a horse ballet?
Well-wrought? They're downright primitive.<sigh>  And there are
those cheap canonic permutation fugues that Bach writes on Saturday evenings
when he needs a short cut.

The very nature of Brescianello's gallichon partitas and his
symphonies belong in different worlds.,  One a private
entertainment in galant style for the chambers of someone like
Princess Luise, the other a ceremonial occasion of state requiring a grand symphonic gesture. That Brescianello could work in both worlds is a
pendant to his versatility.

So, I really think we should give back Brescianello his partitas.
Where'd you hide them, Roman?
==AJN (Boston, Mass.)
This week's free download from Classical Music Library is
_Ravel's
String Quartet in F_ This recording is performed by Constantin
Bogdanas (Violin), Florin Szigeti (Violin),
Liviu Stanese (Viola), and Dorel Fodoreanu (Cello).
Go to my web page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/arthurjness/

For some free scores, go to:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepq31c/arthurjnesslutescores/