Hi Mark,

I prefer the sound of gut strings, but I am very dissatisfied with the
current state of bass fundamentals and their tuning with their octave
neighbours. In short, I got really fed up with playing out of tune.
Experimenting with bass courses is an expensive pastime. Mimmo's new bass
courses may be just what I am looking for, and I'll get around to checking
them out sometime. In the meantime, it became a choice between playing in
tune or playing with gut. I like the sound this particular instrument makes
with this particular player with nylgut - the playing could be better! - and
I was going carzy being out of tune on gut. Playing in tune was more
important to me than playing with gut. I've made my choice for the moment,
but will no doubt return to gut again in the future.

Rob