Dear Ray,

I had trouble for years doing this. Then I started again with simple dances
where the notes are somewhat intuitive on reocurring strings (Pifarro, daCrema,
Borono, etc).  Once that started getting familiar then i went to simple
scale-type pieces like Francesco's canon. THEN the complicated polyphony of
chansons and fantasies. I don't promise Bakfark in a month but after a couple
of weeks of solid Italian food you'll be ready for most banquets.

Good luck,
Sean