Dear Urs,

I'm sorry to say I don't know the wood used for the core of the neck. It
just never came up in conversation, but I could find out for you easily
enough. The neck IS veneered in ebony, with red paint in both peg boxes.

The kingwood was Malcolm's idea, and I have to say it works very well for
large instruments.

Rob