Yes, the shape does alter the sound of an instrument, but that is not the
topic.  It really does not matter what the model is, because the topic is
gut trebles, and how high we can go with pitch.

A 70 cm Hieber or Frei baroque lute would have a difficult time keeping on
a gut treble at F at a = 415, because of the length (mensur), not the shape.

ed