It was difficult, but I asked the fans to stop cheering...oh, you mean the
other kind of fans...

I record into Nero Wave Editor - nothing special about it, in fact it is a
simple programme, the likes of which you could pick up for free on the
internet. I'm not at all technically minded about these things. I just plug
the mic into the computer and press record. I don't know how the fans are
not picked up.

Rob