Hi all,

I once copied a quote from a letter between Mersenne and Titelouze that goes
like this:

I remember having seen in my youth everybody admiring and being delighted by
a man playing a lute, and badly enough at that... and now I see many lutenists
more skilled than him who are hardly listened to...

It appears in the correspondance of Marin Mersenne, but I cannot seem to
find it in the volumes of Waard and  Beaulieu. I do not have the third
volume and suspect it might be in there. Does anyone know where this quote
appears?

Thanks.

Shaun