Dear William,

"Une Jeune Fillette" = first text only in "Recueil de plusieurs chansons
divise en trois parties", Lyon 1557. Several hundred versions since then
- Contrafacta, instrumental and ensemble pieces. See for example in
Frescobaldi, "Due messe a otto voci", Milano 1975 (Opere complete I), or
John Wendland, "Madre non mir far Monaca" in: Acta Musicologica 48,
1976, p. 185-204.

Sorry to be short, I'm in an hurry,

Joe

"William Brohinsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> Collected lute wisdom,
>
> The collegium is playing a pair of fantasies on Une Jeune Fillette by
> Eustache de Caurroy this semester, and I'm supposed to figure out what
> to pluck with them. They are number 31 and 32 (trenteuniesme and
> trentedeuxiesme).
>
> Has anyone seen these? What is the song they are based on (it's not
> obvious from the florid tenors.) Has anyone worked out some kind of
> continuo/lute-ish thing to do along side them? Are they available as
> intabulations?
>
> Ray

Joachim Lüdtke, Lektorat & Korrektorat
Dr. Joachim Lüdtke