Hi Steve

   I just heard a fellow playing a baroque guitar solo on the radio.  It
   was something called Arpegiatt and Canarios, by Kapsberger.  The
   Canarios sounded rather similar to the modern piano piece, Farewell to
   Stromness, which we may know as a guitar piece.  I've thought for a
   long time it might be interesting on the lute.
   Anybody know anything about this one?

There is a Canario by Kapsberger composed to chitarrone (theorbo). Could the piece be an arrangement for baroque guitar. Listen
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaqohM2T9k
to hear, if it is the same piece?

Arto