>The Toro brothers use indifferently beef and ram. (perhaps not
>actually ram, possibly "mutton", but I am not sure about that. Ram
>strings are brown simply because they do not use peroxides on it,
>while they do use it on the beef gut.
>
>Mimmo's strings are usually semi-rectified, but this may not be the
>case with the Toro brother's strings.
>Also Mimmo's strong strings are unvarnished, just oiled. This might
>not be the case with the Toro either.
>
>Perhaps Daniel can enlighten us on this last point, as he is using them.
>Best wishes
>Anthony

Hello Anthony- the strings seemed to be plain & untreated, don't know
about the rectified part,  I didn't ask, and the dealer didn't say.
The surface integrity of the strings obviously had to be flawless for
them to last so long without shedding, so perhaps no rectifying- but
exactly true & perfectly in tune unisons. I think they are ox gut.

Dan