[Eugene C. Braig IV] Marincola's tempo on "The New Year's Gift" is quite
similar to your own very nice recording (thank you for sharing it, by the
way, Stuart); if anything, his is overall very, very slightly slower.
However, Marincola repeats some sections for a total play time of 1:40.

I have recordings of other settings for other instruments that range from a
brisk 1:13 to a leisurely 2:11.

Off topic to the thread at hand, but I have three of Marincola's solo
releases on the Pierre Verany label.  They are all very nicely played and
recorded.  ...And I still often refer to his old lutebot articles.  Does
anybody know if he is still recording solo material?

Best,
Eugene