My own opinion is that talent is wasted in the open-air, no matter how good
a player, or how good the instrument.  Buskers must play loud to be heard
above the traffic.  Their skill is often forfeited in this environment to
catch people's ear amid the bustle.

Classical musicians are mostly unknown to the general population.  Had he
been some well known celebrity, a bigger crowd will have gathered which
would need to be dispelled!

$32? About average for a street-busker I suppose.  (Did he have his dog with
him?)
A well-known celebrity would collect nothing in their instrument-case.
People expect them to give money away!

Case dismissed! - Thanks for your patience

Best Wishes
Ron (UK)