La bella lute strings...wow that brings back nightmares from the 70's
   incidentally they are still available:

   [1]http://www.juststrings.com/labellalute.html

   Bruno Cognyl-Fournier

   On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:38 PM, howard posner
   <[2]howardpos...@ca.rr.com> wrote:

     On Jan 12, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Roman Turovsky wrote:
     I have the book and tried to read it, but when the main characted
     went to a local music shop for a set of lute strings I've realized
     the book was phony, and that was the end of it.
     It was possible in the past to get a prepackaged "set" of lute
     strings at music stores.  I done seen them my own self, but I wasn't
     curious enough to inquire further.  La Bella or D'Addario, I think.
     I couldn't tell you whether such things still exist.