It was lip synced!!!!!!

   [1]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/arts/music/23band.html?_r=1
   On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Arthur Ness
   <[2]arthurjn...@verizon.net> wrote:

     I didn't hear about Yo-Yo Ma playing a carbon fiber cello.  But the
     army, navy and marine bands also have string orchestras (as well as
     chorus) and they were planning on playing on the such string
     instruments because of the cold.  Alas, I missed out.  Just this
     month
     the music instrument lecture at the
     Boston Museum of Fine Arts was on these string instruments.  They're
     made here in Boston, I think.  The MFA bought one.  Yes, here it is
     (item #13):
     [3]http://www.mfa.org/tours/package.asp?key=814
     You can have the picture sent to yourself.
     The picture is under the red MFA label.  These instruments are made
     of
     carbon fiber by the firm of Luis (sic) and Clark in Milton,
     Massachusetts.
     The brass players were using plastic mouthpieces to prevent freezing
     their lips.  And they had also rehearsed some piece that the brasses
     could play if their valves or slide froze up!!  Honest! that's what
     heard on the news.

   =====AJN (Boston, Mass.)=====
                My Web Page: Scores
   [4]http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepq31c/arthurjnesslutescores/